You may be a good candidate if you want to:
- Improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Hydrate crepey skin.
- Improve skin texture without using traditional fillers.
- Restore skin hydration.
What’s the difference between Botox, fillers and Skin Boosters?
Botox, fillers and Skin Boosters are some of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world. In the hands of a skilled practitioner, all three skin treatments can be useful for achieving your desired aesthetic, but there are some important differences to be aware of:
- Botox: Botox works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. This stops facial muscles from contracting, which softens dynamic lines and wrinkles.
- Fillers: Fillers use hyaluronic acid to fill in areas that have lost volume, creating a fuller, smoother look.
- Skin Boosters: Like traditional fillers, Skin Boosters are also made using hyaluronic acid. The key difference is that Skin Boosters are designed to hydrate, not restore volume.Skin Boosters are a revolutionary skin treatment that can help revitalise the skin. Formulated using powerful hydrating components that occur naturally in the body, Skin Boosters are used to rejuvenate dry skin, soften fine lines and improve skin elasticity.
Is this skin treatment right for you? To help you make an informed decision, we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about Skin Boosters.
What is a Skin Booster?
A Skin Booster is a type of very soft dermal filler designed to deeply hydrate the skin. Whereas conventional dermal fillers are injected beneath the skin to add volume and fill wrinkles, Skin Boosters are injected into the skin itself to intensely hydrate and improve overall skin quality. The results are subtle, leaving you with healthier, plumper skin and a youthful glow.
Skin Boosters are typically used to improve the appearance of skin on the face, neck, décolletage and hands. It can be particularly effective for treating the ‘accordion lines’ that develop around the mouth and upper cheek areas.
What’s being injected?
Skin Boosters are formulated using high-quality compounds that are proven to be both safe and effective in cosmetic applications. Skin Boosters contain:
- Hyaluronic acid: Hyaluronic acid is a sugar that is produced naturally in the body. A powerful humectant, hyaluronic acid can retain over 1,000 times its weight in water within your skin cells and plays a key role in keeping your skin plump and hydrated.
- Lidocaine: Lidocaine is the most commonly used anaesthetic. It’s safe, effective and acts rapidly, helping to reduce discomfort during injections.
Who is an ideal person for a Skin Booster treatment?
Skin Boosters are suitable for a wide range of people, with the exception of patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
How does the procedure work?
Skin Booster treatments are fast, safe and comfortable. Prior to treatment, your skin specialist can apply a topical anaesthetic to the treatment area to help reduce discomfort. During treatment, the Skin Booster is delivered via microboluses into the superficial layers of the skin using a cannula, which means only one injection per side is required for the entire procedure.
The treatment usually takes about 20-40 minutes, longer if you are wanting topical anaesthetic, as this takes time to take effect. Most people find the procedure to be almost completely painless.
After treatment, you may find that the skin near the treatment site is slightly red and light bruising may be visible around more sensitive areas of skin. These side effects typically resolve on their own within a few days.
How long does it last?
Skin Boosters typically last for about six to twelve months. For your initial treatment, we recommend having two sessions at six-week intervals, with subsequent maintenance treatments once or twice a year.
The details of the treatment vary from person to person. Everyone’s skin is different, and our experienced skin specialists will help you devise a treatment plan tailored to your unique needs and cosmetic goals.
Contact New Zealand’s leading cosmetic clinic
Easy, effective and affordable, Skin Boosters are an excellent option for anyone who wants to rejuvenate their skin through the power of intense hydration.
The SkinCentre is one of New Zealand’s leading providers of Skin Boosters. Combining world-class expertise with personalised care and state of the art facilities, we’re fully committed to helping you realise your unique aesthetic goals.
Call us today on 0800 754 623 for a complimentary confidential consultation and discover how we can help you achieve the look that suits you best.